!!! BRAND NEW !!!
Graduated G2 Light Gray
Neutral Density Filter (1-Stop)
85 x 85mm
Cokin P121L Graduated G2 Light Gray Neutral Density Filter:
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed.
Cokin graduated gray ND filters are part clear, part neutral density. They allow the transition to be blended into the scene, often imperceptibly. A ND.6-to-clear, with a two stop differential, will generally compensate the average bright sky-to-foreground situation and is also the most popular density of the series.
Note! This filter measures 85mm wide and fits the Cokin P series holder
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
- Cokin 121L - ND2 1-stop Graduated Neutral Density (Medium)
1 YEAR WARRANTY